The Science of Sleep

"Sometimes, we like to dream of leaving," he said.
"Sometimes, I’d like to leave my dreams," she replied, gently tracing the outline of his face with her fingers. Her silky hair fell to her waist, and he smiled lovingly at her. She smiled back. It was March, and the air was ripe with opportunity. An ancient gnarled tree stood witness to the Sacred Exchange, and the apples dangling from it fell like golden delicious raindrops onto the ground. He picked one up, admiring its smooth glittering skin, and bit into it with a crunch. The juice slid down his chin. She looked at him, horrified at what he had just done. He stood, extended his palms to her, and whispered, “Darling, this is where I leave you. I will love you forever. Goodbye.”
But all she could remember is sobbing wildly, screaming into his neck over and over again, as he walked away from her to a place she couldn’t be in, a dreamlike place where the apples were ripe all year long.

24 comments:

△▾christine▴▽ said...

Mmm.. interesting story. Did you write it yourself??

Kim said...

Wow, this is so whimsical. I actually love it. Did you write this? x

kiss me quick said...

oh wow. great story. Lovely post!
I don't want to repeat the question, but did you write it? Because it's really good.

xxx

Imogen said...

Lovely post and interesting, very dreamy pictures.

Natasha Natalie said...

Yes, I did write it! Thank you all for your comments! xx

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

I fell in love with the words..

Kim said...

you are talented, please write a book. I'll buy it i swear!x

hannah, heart city said...

one of my favorite movies of the same name.. lovely!

Francesca said...

Oh wow. That was beautiful.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Am following.

NabilaHazirah said...

oh wow. beautiful!

xx

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

Such a lovely blog you have here-had to follow :D
Love the horsey photo!!! xxxxxxx

Faux Naif said...

lovely.

merricat said...

beautiful post :) x

Felix Curds said...

This is a beautiful tale, it's somewhat haunting- I love it!

Kaleido Mind said...

thank you for stopping by!! your blog is so precious:)

rachelrose said...

i love the whimsical, airy feeling of this post. you really captured the spirit of the title. thanks for the follow!

Emily's Moose - Karolina Kubikowska said...

Hi darling, if you'd like to be penpals with me then send me your adress on my email ( karigirl_k@hotmail.com )and expect the first envelope :)

Clara said...

Your words are always so powerful and full of magic. You're incedibly talented :)

Hannah said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the little collection of photographs at the top.

Geneviève said...

You are positively magical. What a lovely blog you have here. :)

menina raposa said...

:)
love the way you write...i fell in love with this story..hope to read more from you! lovely pics.
xxx

Natasha Natalie said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments! xx

Jx said...

cute pictures, love the dreamy colours.
thanks for your comment on my blog! have a great weekend xx

Crystal Ball said...

I adore this movie!
And your blog is a dream. I'm so happy you found mine or else I don't know if I would have found yours.

I especially love your stories- they are beautiful.

Have a lovely weekend and I look forward to reading more <3